Saturday, July 14, 2012

Getting Settled

Well, we've been here for about three weeks now and the weather is NOT that bad. :)

We love the parsonage, ESPECIALLY the pool! The only problem is, I seem to be cursed with a rain cloud that only shows up when I decide to go swimming. For about a week, everytime I would go out to swim with Jason, it would start to thunder and mom would make us come inside. Brittany likes the pool too. At first, she wouldn't leave the first two steps, but after dad *cough* *cough* threw her in, she seemed to enjoy it a bit more!

Everyone here has been very very welcoming and kind. From the very first night, we were whisked off to dinner plans. We ate at Chuy's Tex-Mex the first night. They just put one in Tulsa and you should try it! It's delicious! But I have to admit, I am tired of Mexican food a little. That's something I never thought I'd say, but literally! It's like they eat nothing but Mexican food and Barbecue down here! I'm not really complaining, because it's all been delicious, but let's just say that I was very grateful to eat Italian food at home this week.

Our first Sunday went well, but was a bit stressful. My problem particularly was that, as I mentioned in the last post, I was on a lot of painkillers for my ankle the last time we came up, so I didn't remember hardly anyone I had met and felt bad to admit that I didn't remember some people even vaguely. I can't even imagine how many names my dad must be trying to remember. But everyone has been very forgiving towards our forgetfulness.

The youth group and the sponsors have been making everything a lot easier for Jason and I. Jason seems to have already made a good friend here who he has had two sleepovers with already. There are a lot of girls in the youth group that are my age and they are a lot of fun and very sweet! We seem to have found a common interest in the British boy band, One Direction, which always gives us something to talk about. :)

We don't know where we are going to school yet which is one of my biggest stresses right now. But we have an appointmnet to visit a nearby Christian high school on Monday. The other big stress for me, is that, unfortunately, I am still on crutches. I went to a new doctor this week and was put into a brace finally. We are very grateful to have found this doctor. He is already helping me to improve and I start physical therapy next week. Thank you for all your prayers and I ask that you keep praying. I'm hoping to be off the crutches by next week.

Despite the new friends we've been making and the fun we've had in the pool, I really really miss home. I haven't been able to stop calling it home yet. I miss my friends and I miss my house and I miss my school and church. But I am learning to trust God to help me know that it will be better soon. My dad is letting me come up for about a week later this month and I am very very excited to come back home for a while!!  Thank you for the prayers you've sent our way. We can feel them. You are in our thoughts and prayers everyday.
                                                                                                                 With Love,
                                                                                                                     Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment